The Housekeeper is responsible for the overall cleanliness and sanitation of the interior and exterior of the building(s) and grounds in a student apartment community. Duties include but are not limited to cleaning, scrubbing, washing, sweeping, dusting, and removal of debris. Projecting a customer focused and professional image through interaction with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Cleans halls, stairways, public restrooms, offices, lounges, elevators, trash rooms, corridors, and all common areas.
• Use of personal protective equipment (PPE), as needed.
• Cleans resident units as needed.
• Sweeps, scrubs, and mop all lobbies, trash rooms, recycle rooms, and hallways.
• Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, elevators, and blinds.
• Dusts furniture.
• Washes walls, ceiling, light fixtures, and woodwork.
• Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
• Empties wastebaskets.
• Replenishes bathroom supplies.
• Picks up debris and recyclables inside building(s), near building(s) entry and grounds.
• Completes all items on Weekly Housekeeping Checklist.
• Ensures that all green policies are followed including use of chemicals as directed.
• Collects recyclables daily.
• Other duties as assigned.